The first proper release of generativepy - V1.0 - is now available on pypi.
You can install it using:
pip install generativepy
You will need Python V3.5 or later. You will also need pycairo and numpy installed.
This version features:
- Vector drawing using pycairo - basic shapes, lines, text, images
- Colour support - RGB, HSL, grayscale, CSS named colours, transparency
- Save to PNG
- Save to SVG, so output can be further edited in Inkscape
- Plot graphs of mathematical functions f(x), f(y) and polar equations
- Include shapes and text on graphs
- Create animation frame sequences
- Simple tweening library
- Frames can be stored as animated GIF (requires gifscicle installed)
- Frames can be stored as a sequence of PNG images (convert to video using ffmpeg)
Documentation is in progress, but meanwhile I hope to show a few examples here.